WNCC United Methodist Volunteers in Mission
- Ready to take the next step in your faith journey? Travel with a mission building team for 10 to 14 days, to transform lives in another part of the world. Countries served vary from one year to another, and span several continents throughout the Americas, the Caribbean, and in parts of Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Tell me more. Download the Building Team Flier for basic information and/or the Project Status Sheet to learn which teams are still open.
- Who is the main contact person? Dee-Dee Caudill is the registrar, 336.921.3372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where are the 2017 projects? Download 2017 Projects Booklet
- What skills do I need? Construction skills are desired, but not required. Enter your skills and country preferences on the application, below.
- How must I apply? Download and complete the Application/Medical Form. (Note: you must download the form to your computer before it filling in and printing)
- Do I have to be a member of a United Methodist Church? No. Invite your friends, colleagues, family and neighbors.
- Can I talk with people who have participated? Yes! Feel free to contact a country coordinator, listed in the 2017 Projects Booklet (above), or attend the annual fall conference.
- When/where is the Fall Conference? The Fall Conference has been scheduled for September 22-24 at Camp Tekoa. Dick Weaver, email@example.com, is the 2015-2017 fall conference chairperson.
- When can I sign up? Registration begins in late summer, continues until teams are full (10-15 members) or 90 days prior to departure. Please apply as soon as possible, as many teams fill fast.
- What does it cost? It varies from country to country. Team members donate the cost of travel and meals, as well as their time (see the project information).
- Is training available? Yes. Individual team orientation is required, as are background checks and Safe Sanctuaries course completion. Check with a team leader for information. Individuals wishing to lead teams must complete team leader training. David Millsaps, 336.362.8717 or firstname.lastname@example.org. coordinates team leader training, available during the year at different locations.
- Can’t go, but want to help? Consider making the WNCC Building Teams Committee a regular part of your church mission budget or your own second-mile giving. Send contributions to WNCC VIM Building Teams c/o Bill Buchanan, PO Box 792, Kannapolis, NC 28082.
- Need More Information? Contact Keys Pendleton, 2-15-2017 Building Teams Chairperson, 704.974.3403 or email@example.com.
BUILDING TEAM INSURANCE The Building Team Committee of the Western North Carolina Conference encourages all Building/Medical teams to carry medical and emergency evacuation insurance. This insurance is available for both Conference and Church teams. Insurance Application
Updated February 1, 2017