The Mission Response Center receives humanitarian aid items and UMCOR kits. All items must be ready for shipment and packed according to UMCOR and Mission Response Center guidelines.
See more about UMCOR Kits or download the Collection locations and packing guide for UMCOR and Project AGAPE (pdf) (revised August 2017)
Groups wishing to help sort mission materials should contact Dwaine Morgan, 828.478.2106, Manager and GBGM Church and Community Worker.
Needed – Volunteers: Volunteers are needed at the the Mission Response Center in Terrell to sort and pack humanitarian aid items. Please contact Dwaine Morgan, 828.478.2106, to schedule a time.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and first Saturday of month, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Phone: Call 828.478.2106 in advance, in case the manager needs to be away during those times.
Mail: PO Box 284, Terrell NC 28682
Directions: 8973 Greenwood Road, Terrell NC:
- From I-77: Travel west on Hwy 150 (exit 36) for approximately six miles. You will see a Michelin tire dealer on the right, just before Greenwood Road on the left and the Marshall Steam Station. Turn left on Greenwood Road. The entrance to the MRC is about 1/2 mile down Greenwood Road on the right.
- From Hwy 16: Travel east on Hwy 150 for approximately seven miles. Just after passing the Marshall Steam Station, turn right on Greenwood Road. The entrance to the MRC is about 1/2 mile down Greenwood Road on the right.
MEETING THE NEEDS
The Western North Carolina Conference responds to human needs all over the world, answering God’s call to provide food, medicine, shelter, clothing and other resources to help alleviate human suffering. In order to meet WNCC disaster response and human assistance ministries, the centrally-located Mission Response Center, a permanent and secure facility, is owned and operated by our conference to store equipment when not deployed; sort, repack and ship resources overseas; warehouse building materials and supplies; and offer a hands-on mission project for volunteers in the conference.
- 2,800 sq. ft. building for shipping/receiving
- 3,200 sq. ft. canopy for vehicle storage
- 7,800 sq. ft. warehouse/storage building
- Approximately seven acres of land
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE MISSION RESPONSE CENTER?
- Make a financial pledge or contribution as an individual to pay for the operation of the Mission Response Center.
- Encourage your church, Sunday School class, UMM, UMW, UMYF or other group to make a financial pledge or contribution.
- Volunteer at the Mission Response Center to help sort, pack and load items being sent to the mission field.
- Pray for the Western North Carolina Conference’s mission/outreach ministry.